Thursday, June 12, 2008

$46 Billion Large

$46 BILLION

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB12 ... whats_news

I really don't know what to think of this:

InBev Makes Offer for Anheuser
By DAVID KESMODEL
June 11, 2008 5:05 p.m.

Belgium beer giant InBev NV has made an unsolicited bid of $46 billion for Anheuser-Busch Cos., Anheuser said Wednesday.

Anheuser said in a statement that its board will carefully evaluate the non-binding, $65-a-share proposal. The board "will pursue the course of action that is in the best interests of Anheuser-Busch's stockholders."

The St. Louis company didn't say when the board planned to respond. It would make its determination "in due course," the release said.

Anheuser is the world's third-largest brewer by volume and the dominant U.S. beer maker. InBev, based in Leuven, Belgium, is the second-largest brewer by volume after London's SABMiller.

InBev had been weighing a takeover bid for Anheuser for weeks, according to people familiar with the matter.



The last large American brewery.

2 comments:

HunterVT03 said...

I will second your comment earlier questioning the validity of naming AB as top dog. I will say that Bud Select is so crisp and refreshing that I watered my lawn with it over the weekend. Also, I take offense to the disparaging comments about the Dominican beer Presidente. It made my honeymoon even more beautiful.

By the way, I thought the Costner wheat you brewed was delicious. It was light, yet still had a good body and distinct flavor. Cheers.

HolzBrew said...

A good body just like the guy on the label. He must work out.