Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Keep On, Keeping On


Wow it's been too long since the last post. Things get busy at work .... yada yada yada ... blah blah blah ... and all of the sudden you've written nothing in the last three weeks. Seriously though work has been hectic lately and I really haven't participated in too many "beery" events. I have found a new beer recently that I have fallen for: Lagunitas Imperial Red. I'm pretty sure this is Lagunitas fall seasonal offering ... wait ... yep. Apparently its available in 6-packs and kegs ... that's an interesting mix of offerings. This is a must have for the nation of hop heads out there. Repeat after me!!! MORE CASCADE HOPS PLEASE!!! If your looking for that west coast taste this is it. A whole lot of grapefruit flavor as well as .. dare I say raspberry. If you find that you like the milder things in life then this beer is NOT for you, stick to Bud American Ale.




Things on the horizon:

1) Polino Engagement Party (this weekend) where I will unleash a Saison that I've been fermenting for the last two months and half months. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

2)Oktoberfest Dinner @ the Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church, VA on October 27th. Not sure if we'll make it to this, but FYI.

3) Also on Monday the 27th: Great October Beer Dinner at Pizza Paradiso.

If I had to choose I'd probably go to the Paradiso beer dinner. Maybe Meg and I will make it there.


It's Fall in DC, love it!

HolzBrew

No comments: