Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quick Update

I don't really have time to formulate a witty and intriging post, but I thought I'd let everyone know what's up in the HolzBrew homebrew world. I brewed a Imperial Belgian Wit (the OG was 1.066, does this really qualify as Imperial? I say yes), this weekend that I am pretty jazzed about. The plan is once it gets through primary fermentation to add some french oak cubes that have been soaking in Gran Marnier, and most likely I'll add some additional Gran Marnier as well. I'm looking to accentuate the orange flavor in a Belgian Wit.

I also bottled the maibock I brewed back in December. Its really turned out well and I'm pretty sure I am going to enter it into the upcoming national homebrew competition . I am considering entering my holiday ale (tripel) as well as the Old Woodie Ale (specialty wood aged beer). This would be the first competition I've ever entered my beers in and certainly some of the steepest competition. Regardless of winning any awards I think it would be cool to get back some constructive criticism.

That's it for now.

-HolzBrew

No comments: